All I do is pray the Lord above will let me walk in the sun once more. Can't go on, ev'rything I had is gone - Stormy weather. Stormy Weather (1933) (uncredited) Music by Harold Arlen Lyrics by Ted Koehler Played during the opening credits and often in the score Sung by Lena Horne Danced by Katherine Dunham and her Troupe . When he went away The blues walked in and met me If he stays away, old rockin' chair will get me All I do is pray, the Lord above will let me Walk in the sun once more Stormy weather since my man and I ain't together Keeps raining all the time Life is bare, gloom and misery everywhere Stormy weather, just can't get my poor self together I'm weary all the time, the time, so weary all the time Since he went, the blues walked in and met me If … Etta James powerful voice gives it a whole different impact. All I do is pray the Lord above will let me Walk in the sun once[Fdim(III)] more.

She originally sang it in 1941 for RCA Victor, but in 1943 the African American singer re-recorded it for the soundtrack of Stormy Weather, a movie musical loosely based on a life of its main star, the dancer Bill "Bojangles" Robinson. Stormy weather Since my man and I ain't together Keeps rainin' all the time Keeps rainin' all the time. Stormy Weather Lyrics: Don't know why / There's no sun up in the sky / Stormy weather / Since my man and I ain't together / Keeps raining all of the time / Oh yeah / Life is bare / Gloom and misery

Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Stormy Weather - Ben Webster on AllMusic - 1965 - Recorded around a month after the veteran tenor… 1. Lena Horne & Chorus. It was first recorded by Leo Reisman and His Orchestra - Vocal Refrain by Harold Arlen in 1933. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Stormy Weather - Lena Horne on AllMusic - 1957 - This LP features a fine sampling of the type of…

Lena Horne's version of the song is probably the best-known recording of this standard and became her signature tune. Stormy weather, since my man and I ain't together Keeps rainin' all the time Life is bare, gloom and misery everywhere Stormy weather, just can't get my poor self together I'm weary all the time, the time So weary all the time When he went away, the blues walked in and met me If … Stormy Weather is a 1933 torch song written by Harold Arlen and Ted Koehler.

This version of the song is special, uses the 3/4 time signature.

My, My, Ain't That Somethin' (1933) (uncredited) Written by Pinky Tomlin and Harry Tobias Try it free. It was covered by The Four Casts, Quinteto Maria João, The Villanovans, Tex Beneke with The Miller Orchestra and other artists. Stormy weather Just can't get my poorself together, I'm weary all the time So weary all the time When he went away the blues walked in and met me. Since my man and I ain't together,

She is the winner of four Grammies, seventeen Blues Music Awards, and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (in 1993), the Blues Hall of Fame (in 2001), and the Grammy Hall of …

Nick Benson Dcas, Matt Peters Oitnb, Opal Ring Poe, The Odd Couple (2015 Tv Series), Halo Reach Mcc Ranks, Kerry Godliman: Bosh Review, How Old Is Jace Norman 2020, Padded Satin Stitch, Alpha House Cast, Cheetah Girls 3, Who The Hell Am I?, Dennis Haskins 2020, Robin Antin Net Worth, Herb Edelman - Imdb, Carrie Ann Inaba Instagram, Rachael Bella Net Worth, Carolina Herrera 212 100ml, Norman Chapman Age, Camila Banus Ears, Sean Forbes Quotes, Let Me Catch My Breath Song Lil Uzi, Patrick Patterson Nba, Jeannie Mai Age, Deliciously Ella | Vegan, Carmine Giovinazzo Black Hawk Down, $100,000 Pyramid App,