Hess Sr., George Jones, Dr. James McPherson, Rev. Birthplace Alabama . Survivors include her husband Jake who would later pass away in 2004, her daughter Becky and husband Brent Buck of Columbus; son Chris and wife Cindy of Columbus; son Jake Jr. and wife Judy Martin-Hess from the southern gospel group "The Martins" of Murfreesboro, Tenn.; 10 grandchildren: Emily Trotter and husband Jim; Brent Buck, Lauren Buck, Ansley Buck, Megan Hess, Natalie Hess, Casey Hess, Jake …
Death Date Jan 4, 2004 (age 76) Popularity .

Enjoy. Sgt.

Death Date Jan 4, 2004 (age 76) Birth Sign Capricorn. After a show in Asheville, N.C., Jake drove to Attalla, Alabama, to see Joyce McWaters, the daughter of a gospel promoter, who sang with her cousins in the Gallant Quartet. His grandfather, the Southern gospel legend Jake Hess, sang with the Statesmen Quartet in the 50’s and 60’s. Jake Hess Dead Born: 12/24/1927 in Limestone County, Alabama, USA Died: 1/4/2004 Age: 76 Cause of death: heart attack Noted For: southern gospel singer; memmber of The Statesmen Quartet (lead, 1948-63), founder of The Imperials (lead, 1963-67), and The Masters V (lead, 1980-88). Capricorn Named Jake #21. Reporters were stumped when he replied, "Jake Hess." Jake Hess III is a powerful tenor from Columbus who now has the honor of singing with the Voices of Lee chorale group at Lee University. Most Popular #115415. Jake Hess replaced Mosie Lister, who did not want to travel outside Atlanta, and Claris G. "Cat" Freeman replaced Strickland. The cause of Hess’ death is under investigation. Birthday December Dec 24, 1927. Save to Suggest Edits. Trivia He was a member of the group The Imperials, who served as the backing band for Elvis Presley from 1966 to 1971.

About. Jake Hess The Ultimate Singer . The service lasted about two and a half hours, and was a great tribute Vestal Goodman, the beloved "Queen of Gospel Music," died Dec. 27 in Celebration, Fla., near Orlando.
However, since Crossroads Music Group had the distinct honor and privilege of releasing Jake Hess’s final two solo recordings, I was blessed to meet and interact with him a number of times over the last three years. View Source: Share. In his autobiography the Christian-music mogul Bill Gaither recounts the influence Hovie Lister and the Statesmen had upon him as a boy in 1949, when he and his parents attended Wally Fowler's All-Night Gospel Singing, a regular event at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee. Jake Hess, singer, gospel 'visionary' By Kay Powell. Jake Hess recently passed away and I decided to invite a few special people to give you their thoughts on Jake as a bit of a tribute to the man who, for a number of years, defined Southern Gospel Music! Memorial; Photos ; Flowers ; Wife of Jake Hess.

Funeral services for gospel music great Jake Hess will be held Wednesday (Jan. 7) in Columbus, Ga. Hess, 76, died Sunday (Jan. 4) at an Opelika, Ala., hospital after suffering a heart attack Dec. 16. In the early 1960s, Elvis Presley was asked who his favorite singer was. He later performed with three of his brothers as the Hess Brothers Quartet. "After Elvis said that, people who didn't know me from a sack of sand were calling me and offering the moon," Mr. Hess said in a 1993 Atlanta Journal-Constitution article. This is a hassle-free site -- no popups, no sound, no user IDs, no spyware, and no huge graphics. We asked specifically what the cause of death was in this case – they refused to discuss that saying the incident is still under investigation. American gospel icon who earned a devoted following with singles like "Beautiful Isle Of Somewhere" and "Ain't That Beautiful Singing." He was a one of a kind and a very special individual.

I wish I could say that I knew Jake Hess well and for a long time, but unfortunately I didn’t have that pleasure. Jake’s history with music runs deep in his veins.

Janina Gavankar Star Wars, Kim Chapiron Imdb, Delalieu Shatter Me, Carey Hart Height, North West Talking, Daria Werbowy 2020, Chrissy Teigen Fight With President, Bruce Jenner Kids, Views Podcast Episodes, Tableau Elearning Reviews, True To The Game 2, Danielle Fishel Instagram, Christian Lacroix Notebook A6, Frank Hamilton Christmas, Sharing Google Drive On Zoom, Rickie Fowler Puma Hat, Ghetto Fabulous Synonyms, Usher Age Wife, Take Care Album Cover, What Is Curve, All Of The Above Book, Yella Beezy - Bacc At It Again, Monstercat Supremacy Mix, Alice Ripley Movies, Mr Grieves Cover, Lakeisha Grant Instagram, Luke Baines Movies And Tv Shows, Interlude: For Us By Us, Asia Argento Tattoos, Marshmello Alone Wallpaper, When Did Beyoncé And Jay-z Get Married, Karrueche Tran Husband, Bones Interns Vincent, Presidents Cup History, Patrick Seitz Broly, Justin Timberlake Futuresex/lovesounds, The Snow Job, Scooter Calendar 2020, Tori Kelly Kelly Clarkson, Mountain Views Near Me, Imdb Life Unexpected, Four Major Business Formation Types, Dave Bautista Instagram, Exceeding Expectations Quotes, Drip Season 3 Album Cover, Olan Soule Imdb, P Diddy Take That, Atlantic Records President, Time Is In Short Supply, Sarah Schneider Artist, Beyonce Kobe Tribute, Nasty C House, Ispring Suite 8,