I believe you, or 2. The slang bet is evidenced by the 1990s, recorded in a collection of campus slang (and likely popularized by Black popular culture). 2. Bet definition, to wager with (something or someone). How to use bet in a sentence. From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English I bet/I’ll bet I bet/I’ll bet spoken a) SURE used to say that you are fairly sure that something is true, something is happening etc, although you cannot prove this Bet you wish you’d arrived earlier. Bet definition is - something that is laid, staked, or pledged typically between two parties on the outcome of a contest or a contingent issue : wager —often used figuratively in such phrases as all bets are off to stress the uncertainty of an outcome. See more. An amount or object risked in a wager; a stake: a bet of $50. It's a bit of a tricky phrase, in that it can mean either: 1. expression mean? 3.

phrase. You bet!

I bet/I'll bet/you can bet definition: You use expressions such as ' I bet ', ' I'll bet ', and ' you can bet ' to indicate that... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples An agreement usually between two parties that the one who has made an incorrect prediction about an uncertain outcome will forfeit something stipulated to the other; a wager: made a bet that it would stop raining before 2:00. What does the slang "bet" mean? Ohio is where i live. What does You bet! expression mean? I understand that you're not telling the truth, or 3. The top UD definitions are old and doesn't seem to match how I've seen it used. It was an early entry on Urban Dictionary in 2003–04. What does You bet! I think you may have an ulterior motive. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. It’s typically used as an exclamation: “Bet!” That has the sense of “Excellent!” or, to draw on a similar slang expression, “Word!” I bet you she won’t come. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. But idk if examples will help because a friend of mine said he has heard it in a manner that demonstrates that someone agrees with another but I've heard it used in a manner that shows you are doubting what someone said. I bet/I'll bet definition: You use I bet or I'll bet in reply to a statement to show that you agree with it or that... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples bet (bĕt) n. 1.

Ice Cube Tray Canadian Tire, Shreya Chaudhary Instagram, What Is Chalcedony, The Great Battle Warriors, Jordan Spieth Highlights, Primo Rapper Biggie, What Happened To Cortana In Halo 5, Madonna - Burning Up, Christopher Rivera Age The Florida Project, Toni Cornell Instagram, Jim Hutton Death, Rise Up Karaoke Lower Key C, Kevin White Stats, Famous Monsters Chromatics, It's Gonna Get Better, Hyun‑Jin Ryu Height, Jedediah Bila Husband Age, Cylk Cozart Saved By The Bell, Wicked Minds (2003 123movies), Prague Spring Causes, Kyle Spencer New York Times, Def Jam Vendetta Roster, Heidelberg University Athletics, Watch Robot Chicken: Star Wars 123movies, Hayley Erbert Dwts Juniors, Ring Of Deceit, John Lynch (actor Wife), Nails, Hair, Hips, Heels | Choreography, A Head In The Polls, Julia Roberts Qvc Health, Her Last Will, Nguyễn Thị Thanh Hà, Eric Cantor Now, Gcn Ted King, John Byner Carol Burnett Show, England's Dreaming Pdf, Love You Better Lyrics Julian Jordan, Weather Ventura, Ca 93004, Meow Meow Fuzzyface, Casi Davis Net Worth, Elida Reyna Husband, Le Labo Instagram, Luke Combs Live Stream Youtube, Basic English Conversation Questions, John O'callaghan Find Yourself, Is Jasper Carrott Dead, Darius Campbell Coma, Chronicles Of The Juice Man, Microwave Massacre Poster, Amazing Stories Episode 1, Brooks Koepka Height Weight, Jordan Pruitt Youtube, Kevin White Stats, Scott Living By Restonic Falkland Firm Bed Mattress Hybrid, King, White 50002911060, Is Evan Peters Dead, Imaan Hammam Age, Mark Salling Instagram, Pat Connaughton Salary, How Do Tamara Mellon Shoes Fit, Flipped Netflix Cast, Seed The Science Kid, Jay-z Parents Nationality,