The first known use of 'tain't was in 1773. In grade school, one might have heard a smart-alecky classmate say, “I ain’t gonna use ‘ain’t’ anymore, ’cuz ‘ain’t’ ain’t in the dictionary.” Well, actually it is; but you need to be very careful about how you use it. 'tain't definition is - it ain't. 2) has not, have not Aren't: contraction of: 1) are not. Ain't is informal, and it is a contraction for am not, are not, is not, has not, and have not.The last two were originally representing London dialect. The major difference is that "isn't" is considered acceptable, whereas "ain't" is regarded as an uneducated use, unacceptable in spoken or written English except to represent dialect speech. Stack Exchange Network Stack Exchange network consists of 176 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow , the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. The NOAD has a note about the use of ain't.. They ain't got nothing to say. Originally, ain’t was your informal contraction for ‘am not’ as in- “I ain’t (am not) who you thing I am”. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Time Traveler for 'tain't. Ain't is a contraction used more frequently in the southern and Midwestern parts of the United States. “Nope! The colloquial contraction "ain't" means "am not", "is not" or "are not".
Ain't: contraction of 1) am not. Maybe the best-remembered “ain’t” was part of a misquote. "Isn't" is a contraction of "is not". See more words from the same year

I wish to know the difference between "ain't" and "isn't" and since I'm not a speaker of english as first language, I can't tell.

Cher Believe Vinyl, Marilyn Horne Carmen, Wikipedia Claude Chabrol, Restaurant Joël Robuchon Monte-carlo, Patty Smyth Net Worth, Kenny Wormald Imdb, Larry Mullen Jr 2019, Adam Vinatieri Age, Principle Of Maximum Aggregate Benefit Is Concerned With, Chrissy Teigen Late Night, Sam Shepard Als, Books Like Leap Year, Kelly Price - Friend Of Mine Lyrics, Alicia Keys In London, Normani - Motivation Lyrics, Kate Mulgrew Interview 2019, What Is Reet Slang For, Healthy Late-night Snacks Weight Loss, Anita Baker - Compositions, Beyonce - Daddy Lyrics, Hans-adam Ii Wife, The Realm Wiki, William That's So Raven 2019, William Walker Curry Ross, Andrea Riseborough Twitter, Les Deux Amis Watch Online,